MU-VMS Archives

October 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
March Hare <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 1994 20:12:30 -0400
In article <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
:Hello!  I am one of those who usually reads and doesn't post.  But I have a
:question that one of you may be able to answer.  First, let me tell you about
:y computing background.  I am a graduate of Northwest Missouri State
University
:(nicknamed "The Electronic Campus").  At Northwest, there is a terminal in
each
: dorm room and office, as well as various computing labs.  Each student and
fac
:ulty member is issued an account.  When I arrived here it seemed odd that this
:was not the case at Miami!  Anyway, last year my VAX account worked well, just
:as it had at Northwest.  However, following the change to Ocean, my account
:just isn't the same.  The main problem is the fact that the TALK function no
lo
:nger works.  I have tried both the new and old versions.  I use TALK to
communi
:cate with people I know who have access to VAX accounts only.  Now I am forced
:to send e-mail.  Can anyone help me with this problem?  The screen no longer
:splits, and I cannot see what the other party is typing.
:Thanks for your help,
:Adrienne Fero

I think that was replaced with PHONE.

John