MU-VMS Archives

January 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University VMS News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 1994 15:23:43 -0500
Quick question everyone...

    After FTP'ing a BINARY file from another system, I am having problems
figuring out how to uncompress the file. It has a .Z extension (it is a
compressed file since it is CAPITALIZED) I've tried uncompress, but get errors,
and even tried the gunzip command. Any help would be appreciated!!

Also, is there anyone out there familiar with the WWW (World Wide Wed) stuff.
I'm trying to get the Mosaic things running, but can't figure it out!! HELP!!!