MU-VMS Archives

July 2007

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Winifred Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:58:44 -0600
Vision Airships Global Expansion!

BANGKOK, THAILAND, Jul 09, 2007 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) -- Vision
Airships Inc. (PINKSHEETS: VPSN) -- The company wishes to announce that
it has finalized arrangements for funding for its global expansion.

Vision Airships is set to become a worldwide operator of blimps used for
advertising around the world. As the advertising market gets more
crowded in conventional mediums -- the use of alternative forms of
advertising is gaining more and more traction -- this is where Vision
Airships comes in and supplies the end to end solution to major
advertisers worldwide with its unique form of alternative displays. The
size of the market worldwide will support 24 airships which would bring
in approximately $400,000,000 annually.

Check out the news and get on VPSN first thing Wednesday!

and editor-in-chief of Artima. Note that the main body tag includes a
layout attribute; "absolute" means that the components will be glued to
their positions regardless of the size or proportion of the application.

It was written by "Akeem"; I basically worked from his code but I
trimmed it down to make it easier to read.

You know what this means, right?

tags; it's possible to create these more verbosely, but notice that
using the Form. After hunting around, I found an Actionscript XML-RPC
client library, along with a description and an example, here.

Implicit versus Explicit Dynamic Typing, discussion of a weblog post by
Christopher Diggins. About the Blogger Bill Venners is president of
Artima Software, Inc.

This is the man in whom the Dragon dwells; this is he who stands, a
statue in the cracked desert floor, another simple program in the great
OS from the sky, and nothing more. He is author of the book, Inside the
Java Virtual Machine, a programmer-oriented survey of the Java
platform's architecture and internals.

Note: the only reason I used Apollo here was that I was thinking in
terms of desktop applications with nice UIs. In the first line, I call a
factory method named List, passing in two Strings. The v variable has no
type. As I learn more about Actionscript, I gain greater appreciation
for all the effort invested by the designers of that language to make
life easy for the programmer. Or do you think that, as far as we are
able to know, we are still in the midst of the same postmodern ethos you
allude to?
It was written by "Akeem"; I basically worked from his code but I
trimmed it down to make it easier to read. Once the server is started,
we need to make a client that will connect to the server and call the
services. On the other hand, as an artist, I deeply appreciate movies
that are filmed with particular attention to which colors are used and
which are more subdued, Matrix being a prime example.

Penney, around the same age, the horrifying fate that must befall all
firstborn sons and their poor distraught mothers occurred to me: I got
lost.

I remember a story of one, who remarked to a minister what a wonderful
thing it was to see so many people weeping. The more I work with it, the
more I find Flex to be preferable to any other GUI solution that I've
explored. The TextInput component allows the user to enter text, while
the Text component is for display. Instead of Denial, Anger, Bargaining,
Depression, and Acceptance, I propose a few less abstract labels. He
comes laden with mercy, with his hands full of blessing, and he knocks
at your door.

We would have been stranded and left high and dry on the shore if it had
not been for that receding wave, that ebbing of our prosperity, which
carried us back to our Father and our God again. An old saying from Unix
developers goes something like, "If only your programs would be correct
if you simply typed them three times. Mostly it seems like too much
work, which is true for most of the Python GUI libraries.

Therefore in Ruby, I want to enable programmers to get a program ready
to test in a short time by making programmers productive.

So far it's solved all the problems that I've encountered, and it's
simple to understand and straightforward to use. You have to declare all
your variables and you have to do a lot of work just to make the
compiler happy. But like a character out of a Dickens novel, I
eventually took this for granted; not as a thing to be warred against,
but an obstacle to be worked around.

Think what a multitude there is of them!

Its power and expressiveness has made it my first choice when solving my
own programming problems. Its power and expressiveness has made it my
first choice when solving my own programming problems.