MU-VMS Archives

August 1995

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 10:15:56 EST
 Keeler) writes:
>> In article <1995Jul31.162352@miavx1>, [log in to unmask] (Dave Mun
day) writes:
>>> In article <1995Jul31.151843@miavx1>, [log in to unmask] ( ) writ
es:

>>> Also in rec.aviation.homebuilt.
>>>
>>         This has happened in messages #95 & 96 of comp.sys.mac.digest. Part o
>> the real message has even been destroyed.
>
>         Message #1029, rec.games.int-fiction. If our newsfeed goes to TLCNet,
> which isn't supposed to have alt groups (or is it just alt.sex?), it seems
> these messages could get through anyway. The message above had something to do
> with nude beaches. I don't know if it came from an alt group or what. But I
> hope the problem is fixed soon, because I wouldn't want to see TLCNet to be
> held liable if a sexually explicit message gets tangled up in a posting in
> rec.fan.barney.
> --
This message appending is occuring throughout NEWS.  Just in case whoever's
looking into this (Rob?) is having a problem finding an example, here's
one I found in rec.arts.anime.  It has a message from rec.audio.misc AND a
picture from alt.nude.celebrities attached to it.

Newsgroups: rec.arts.anime
Subject: Re: Iczer-1 comments needed....
From: [log in to unmask] (Robert Bain)
Date: 31 Jul 1995 22:39:02 GMT

Dkim106 ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Thinking of purchasing Iczer-1...comments?  Flames?

I saw US Renditions' volume 1 way back when...

 [message deleted]

Do You Believe That?  (Goddess, I do _so_ hate dubs...)

--
---"...It's people like that who make you realize how little you've
--- accomplished.  For instance, when Mozart was my age, he had

.marketplace:19530 rec.audio.misc:11873

[log in to unmask] (Steven Zipser ) writes:

>Brian:
>You little dweeb factory mouthpiece, everyone is wrong & you are right!
>OK?

Brian is joined by all the customers of the most successful speaker
company in the world, Bose. So if you want to play the numbers game,
you just lost big.

Bose 1, Zipser (who?) nothing.

From: [log in to unmask] (Wampyri)
Newsgroups: alt.binaries.nude.celebrities
Subject: raquel~1.jpg (1/1)
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 1995 02:10:16 GMT

begin 644 raquel~1.jpg
M_]C_X``02D9)1@`!``````````#__@`?3$5!1"!496-H;F]L;V=I97,@26YC
M+B!6,2XP,0#_VP"$``("`@("`@("`@("`@("`@0#`@("`@4$!`,$!@8'!P8&
M!@8'"`L)!P@*"`8&"0T)"@L+#`P,!PD-#@T,#@L,#`L!`@("`@("!0,#!0L'
M!@<+"PL+"PL+"PL+"PL+"PL+"PL+"PL+"PL+"PL+"PL+"PL+"PL+"PL+"PL+
M!!$%$B$Q008346$'(G$4,H&1H0@C0K'!%5+1\"0S8G*""0H6%Q@9&B4F)R@I
M*C0U-C<X.3I#1$5&1TA)2E-455976%E:8V1E9F=H:6IS='5V=WAY>H.$A8:'
MB(F*DI.4E9:7F)F:HJ.DI::GJ*FJLK.TM;:WN+FZPL/$Q<;'R,G*TM/4U=;7
MV-G:X>+CY.7FY^CIZO'R\_3U]O?X^?H1``(!`@0$`P0'!00$``$"=P`!`@,1

[rest deleted]

--
Bill Sylvester, Miami University         [log in to unmask]