MU-VMS Archives

November 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 1994 13:51:29 -0500
                     **********************************
                     *** MIAVX1 Crash on 10/31/1994 ***
                     **********************************

The MIAVX1 system crashed at approximately 1:05PM this afternoon.  The error
message involved with the crash was identical to the error that caused the
crashes a couple of weeks ago.  We thought we had isolated the cause of these
crashes  but this crash proves that our original assumptions were not correct.

The MIAVX1 system will be unavailable between 4:30PM and 7:30PM tonight
(October 31, 1994) in order for MCIS to perform diagnostic tests on the system.
We hope that these tests will help us determine the cause of these recent
crashes and will hopefully lead to a fix to the problem.

MCIS apologizes for the short notice time about this unavailability and
appreciates your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

Please watch this newsgroup for more information as it becomes available.