MU-VMS Archives

September 1998

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:16:36 -0500
Outage notification:

       Type: Unplanned
Starting At: 8:25 AM on Wednesday, September 16th, 1998
  Ending At: 4:00 PM on Wednesday, September 16th, 1998
   Duration: 7 hours 35 minutes

VMS(OCEAN)

Ron Goins was here from 2:00am until 7:00am.this morning.  Everything seemed to be ok, but at 8:25 at which time gave what appeared to be a machine check. Machine attempted to reboot itself, but failed.  I paged Kent Covert & he initally thought problem to be a software problem.  When he came in the room, I told him about automatic boot failure, so he tried to reboot machine & this failed also.  He then had me place a service call to DEC.  DEC will be calling me back. As soon as I know more, I will let you know.  Due to this problem, PH was moved to the SEA machine.

**** resolution:

Service repair person replaced the I/O board and re-booted.  Currently all is working normally.  CE left his pager #, to be called if problem comes back up.

********

Services affected:

WWW, Interactive telnet, Batch, Helpdesk software

Notification was sent to:

This is a Service Outage Notification
from Miami University's Network Operations Center (NOC)

Outages may be viewed at:
http://www.muohio.edu/noc/outages/

[JOHNSOMA]