MU-VMS Archives

December 1996

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Chris Carman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 12:44:30 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] (John B
 Harlan) writes:
> In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
> (Chris Carman) wrote:
>>
>> Whoa, so if I type:
>>
>> $ send harlanjb hey, what's up?
>>
>> it won't work anymore?  Just curious.
>
> SEND and TELL will both still work on MiaVX1 and MiamiU, respectively, and
> between MiaVX1 and MiamiU for as long as RSCS communication is maintained
> between those two systems.  But you will no longer be able to SEND and TELL
> to other sites outside Miami University.

Ah, I understand.  I do have another question though; how do we see who is on
the MiamiU system from MiaVX1?  I've tried "finger @miamiu.muohio.edu" and I've
always gotten a "Connection refused" response.
-Chris Carman
-http://www.muohio.edu/~carmance/
-http://www.foofighters.com/foo
-http://www.scratchie.com/