MU-VMS Archives

December 1996

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Clayton L. Hines" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 10:02:17 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] (Randy Kaelber) wrote:

>B1FF IS ALSO A REAL KOOL DUDE THAT USES HIS BIG BROTHER'S C-64!!!!!111111
>
>B1FF REWLS!!!!!11111
>
>B1FF HAS /<-RAD WAREZ 2 TRADE WITH ALL U HACKR DOODS, 2!!!!!1111
>
>Sorry.... A brief relapse into the golden age of Usenet. I could even get
>Kibo to return my calls then... *sigh*

.."Back in my day, we didn't have these new-fangled newsgroups, dial-up
pee pee pee, or video cameras on our desks, wastin' our time playin'
around.  Ya had 300 baud modems, and you'd spend days, just tryin' to dial
up your buddy across the street, trying to get the darn handset to fit
into the cradle, drivin' each other's parents crazy with ringin' phones,
and cussin' at the dern thing when it cut out on ya.  And when it finally
did connect, ya got a bunch of gobbledey-gook all over the screen, and ya
had to start all over again the next day.  And when ya finally got it to
connect the next day, and it didn't give ya all that nonsense on the
screen, and ya could actually type to each other, ya realized that ya
didn't have anything to talk about, 'cause ya spent the last week locked
in your room, doin' nuthin' but cussin' at that dern modem, and so ya hung
up on 'im.  And ya liked it!"