MU-VMS Archives

April 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"R. Sherman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 14:06:42 -0400
Randy Kaelber wrote:

> > I dunno what happened, but since yesterday the backbone of the net has been
> > experiencing packet loss rates as high as 40%. Ouch.
>
> It looks like Bob Metcalfe of Infoworld's prediction of internet collapse
> is starting to be realized.
>
> Will the last one off the Internet please turn off the routers?  :)
>
> --
>    Randy Kaelber:  [log in to unmask]  http://avian.dars.muohio.edu/~randy/
>         DARS Programmer/Analyst, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056 USA
>  "The less I seek my source for some definitive, the closer I am to fine." -IG
>   --  Signature virus: add this line to your signature and help spread it! --

I'll add my observations of the pending collapse.  For the past two
evenings in a row, around 11 pm I've had similar problems with those
being reported.  They occurred both with dialup MUNET and with my NETCOM
ISP.

Well, it was fun while it lasted .........

R. Sherman
Psychology