MU-VMS Archives

August 1995

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Dennis S. Keeler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 08:57:47 -0500
S. Keeler) writes:
>>>         Somehow news messages which shouldn't be there are being appended to
>>> other news messages. In other words, when I read a certain news message, the
>>> first 50 lines or so will be the actual message. Then after that, there's
>>> another large message appended, which doesn't appear to be by the original
>>> author. See alt.games.marathon #950 and comp.sys.mac.scitech #1629 for an
>>> example.
>>>         Is this a problem on our side, or with the original posters?
>>
>> This is happening in rec.pets.cats too.
>
> Also in rec.aviation.homebuilt.

        This has happened in messages #95 & 96 of comp.sys.mac.digest. Part of
the real message has even been destroyed.
--
Dennis S. Keeler                |  "Greater love has no one than this, that
Miami University                |    he lay down his life for his friends."