MU-VMS Archives

January 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 1994 19:53:57 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

: Is that possible that open 2 windows on 1 modem connection? Such as a window
: for VAX and another one for NeXT at the same time? I am using a Mac Centris
610
: and  a Zoom 14.4K modem. Thanks

Well...you can connect to a NeXT, type 'screen' (no qoutes), and then
once you get a prompt again, type Ctrl-A ? and you'll get a help screen
that shows you how to create multiple windows.

Once you create a second window, just telnet to miavx1.muohio.edu and
now you have a window for NeXT, and a window for Miavx1.  You won't be
able to see them both at the same time, though, but switching between
them is easy (you can even cut and paste between them -- even without a
Mac or Windows :).

I just ask that you logout of the screens properly (either 'logout' 'exit'
Ctrl-D out of each one) instead of leaving dead screens all over the
place.  If you get disconnected while using screens, you can resume them
after reconnecting by typing 'screen -r'.

If you have problems, email me.

| Mike Jones | NeXT Administrator                             /  \       |
|------------| Internet  : [log in to unmask]    /\/\/\  /\  |
|   ByTor    | Compu$erve: 73353,1134                   /\  /      \/  \ |