MU-VMS Archives

May 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Shaken Angel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 15:05:30 -0500
Randy Kaelber ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: E. Asa Bour ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: > Robert E. Williams, Jr. wrote:
: > >
: > > So high you can't say, huh? That's what I thought....Robert,

: > That is an unfair generalization.  You are jealous of ASG...  You
: > shouldn't flame our organization.  If your organization provided some
: > nice services for the Miami Students like ASG maybe MCIS would give you
: > some more space!!!

: So what you're saying is that Bob is jealous, but that there's nothing to
: be jealous of, since ASG doesn't get special privileges. But you won't
: reveal how much quota ASG has. Your accusation smacks of defensiveness.

No kidding.  And there's no crime in having higher disk space than other
organizations -- MCUG, for instance, has an enormous amount of disk space
because they have historically provided some VMS programs to the general
public which require more space than 1000 or 3000 blocks.  No shame in
that.  Also, I would imagine that ASG has web pages that could very easily
exceed the (IMHO) extremely small amount of space that MCIS generally
gives.

: Why SHOULD Bob be jealous, Asa? You've managed to run yourself in a
: circle, logically speaking. And where did Bob generalize? He suggested
: that ASG has a larger amount of disk space than other organizations, and
: you became defensive. I never realized that the disk quotas on the VMS
: cluster were state secrets.

It's my thought that Asa has reacted rather poorly to this discussion
thread.

: Randy, strictly speaking for himself, and not in any capacity as an
: employee of this University.

Ditto.  'cos, unless said otherwise, that should always be an assumption.

: --
:    Randy Kaelber:  [log in to unmask]  http://avian.dars.muohio.edu/~randy/
:         DARS Programmer/Analyst, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056 USA

jf
--
Rev. John "adr" Fink, ULC/OAF (n/a - KSC) -- [log in to unmask]
Graduate of English, administrator of UNIX, unabashed perkygoth,