MU-VMS Archives

August 1995

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 1995 12:54:44 GMT
Oleg Chetverikov ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] (Mike
 Jones) writes:

: I have had MCUG utils for about half a year, and IRC was working fine till
: about March. Then, when I typed IRC, I got a message "can not load
: sys$login:.ircrc" and "connect:-1[iosb status in connect". Nothing works in
 IRC
: excep for /bye command. Am I missing something?

The "can not load [sys$login:.ircrc]" is normal if you don't have an .ircrc
file (where you would put personal preferences in).  I just tried IRC and
got the message you state the first time, but got in the second.  Looks
like the server is just really busy (keep trying until you get through).

--
Mike Jones