MU-VMS Archives

December 1996

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Randy Kaelber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 08:55:13 -0500
Micah James Cooper ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
> Is there an equivalent to biff on the VAX or an equivalent to 'messages'
> which would say if there is new mail or is there any other way to check
> without entering the mail program?

I thought that VMS always notifies you when new mail arrives by default,
unless you make the effort to turn it off (don't ask me how... tI rarely
use VMS anymore and what little things I did know are slowly but surely
leaking away).

--
Randy Kaelber:  [log in to unmask]
DARS Programmer/Analyst, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056 USA