MU-VMS Archives

May 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"E. Asa Bour" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 00:25:52 -0700
aaron t porter wrote:

> Kent Covert ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>
> : > Speaking of space allocations, are there any plans at MCIS for giving
> : > students more space on VX1 in the near future? To have any kind of real
> : > web page requires more than the maximum 1.5MB available, and just my mail
> : > overflows the 0.5MB default allocation. As I've learned, the situation is
> : > the same for student organizations, which I find pretty pitiful. Of
> : > course, I bet the major players, like ASG, get just about as much space as
> : > they want....

Aaron,

Asg doesn't get as much space as it wants.  Just like any other organization we
must request it.
We run many different www programs to assist students like the book resale netwo
rk, web spinner,
snap, campus activities, student organization funding requests, virtual student
union, besides all
the asg bylaws and minutes.  I would appreciate if you didn't flame us.  If you
have any ideas that
you would like to see on our page I would be glad to hear them.

* List Manager cs.eh.net         *
* Communications Director for    *
* Associated Student Government  *