MU-VMS Archives

April 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
George Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 17:19:17 -0500
> This seems to imply that po.muohio.edu is a separate system that actually
> holds mail. I was under the impression that it was just a mail server that

po.muohio.edu.  3600    CNAME   stream.mcs.muohio.edu.
stream.mcs.muohio.edu.  3600    A       134.53.7.12

In other words:
po.muohio.edu = the vax cluster = miavx1

> By pointing Eudora to MiaVX1 (i.e., entering my account there in the POP
> account field), am I not taking advantage of POP3 services? And what

Same as po.muohio.edu

> exactly is mailfwd.muohio.edu (which I have set as my SMTP host)? I guess

mailfwd.muohio.edu.     3600    CNAME   rose.muohio.edu.
rose.muohio.edu.        3600    A       134.53.1.1

That old computer still takes care of sending all your mail when you turn
off your computer if it can't be delivered.  Kind of like handing your
mail to a postman to deliver because you have to go to bed. You stop
worrying about it, and he takes care of getting the mail there

--
George Greer    [log in to unmask] | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://www.ham.muohio.edu/~greerga | stupidity is not thus handicapped.