MU-VMS Archives

September 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
James McCutcheon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 1994 09:28:08 -0500
> :use a terminal program capable of utilizing those libra...When I buy my next
> :(even more powerful) Amiga, I'll upgrade terminal software. In the meantime,
> Just out of curiosity, but will you be able to buy that next Amiga?  Has
> someone bought the rights to it?

The bankruptcy proceedings are still progressing, and four businesses,
including Commodore UK, have tendered serious bids in the buyout of the
company. According to AmigaWorld, we should know more after the Labor Day
holiday. I would expect that whoever does buy the Amiga chipset will being
manufacturing the machines again (given the peristence of the market and the
fact that facilities already exist); but that's not necessarially reality.

James

PS> BTW, it's true that it's next to impossible to buy a new Amiga these days,
but if you look in the marketplace and for-sale newsgroups, there's deals
being set up all the time.
    _
 _ ///\MIGA | James McCutcheon IV - "If all else fails, read the instructions!"
 \X/ JRMCCUTCHEON@MIAVX1  JMCCUTCH@MIAMIU  JM9SSANU@MIAMIU  JRMCCUTC@GLUTTONY
     JMCCUTCHEON@MIAVX3   CUTCHEON@APSVAX  JRMCCUTC@ROGUE   and others...