MU-VMS Archives

July 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 10:58:42 -0500
Kent Covert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Another option would be to create an option file with the list of all of
> the files that you want to link in it.  For example, you could create a
> file called LINKMUD.OPT that has the following lines in it:

>     FILE1.OBJ
>     FILE2.OBJ
>     FILE3.OBJ
>     etc.

> Then you could link the files with a command like:

>     $ LINK MAIN.OBJ, LINKMUD.OPT/OPTION

That sounds much better, I tried typing them all on a line and it gave me
an error due to expected end of line.  VMS must have a maximum command
line limit.

> Another option would be to put the object files into a library.  This gets
> a little more complicated.  For example, you could issue the following
> commands:

Thanks for the info, but I'm not looking for anything fancier than simply
running. :)

> There is also a facility on VMS that is similar to MAKE.  It's called MMS.
> I've used it, but I don't know much about setting up MMS configuration
> files.  Issue the HELP MMS command for more information.

Looks a lot like make, but I'm not actually doing a lot of changes.
Something compiles correctly, I leave it alone. :)

The notes about Pico were so you could inform whomever wrote it. (PMDF?)
The unjustify thing seems to be a minor bug.

--
[log in to unmask]                  \ Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.van.ml.org/~greerga \ is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard