MU-VMS Archives

April 1998

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 12:56:14 -0400
Outage notification:

Type: Planned
Date: Tuesday, April 14th
Time: 5:00
Duration: 2 hrs
Posted by: SCHMIDKF

Hoyt Hall

On Tuesday 4/14  during our pre-planned network outage time of 5:00 am - 7:00
 am, all network services to and from Hoyt Hall will be unavailable.

What is going to happen:

we will convert Hoyt to the final MUNET configuration.
In the process we will decommision a Hoyt router and reduce
heat load in Hoyt during conversion of the air handling system
in that building.

Who & What will be affected:

The entire campus will be briefly affected at some point during
this outage.  Some areas will be affected for a longer period of time and will
will lose all services.

These areas include  Hoyt, Art Museum, Warfield, Murnstein,Gaskill, New Art
 Building, Boyd Hall, Hiestand, Peabody, and most of ResNet Central area.

Services:  WWW.Muohio.edu, PH/Qi, PO.Muohio.edu, VM mainframe (MIAMIU), etc.

All mail will be queued and delivered when the connection is re-established.

This is a Service Outage Notification
from Miami University's Network Operations Center (NOC)