MU-VMS Archives

January 1999

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:54:30 -0500
Outage notification:

       Type: Unplanned
Starting At: 1:00 PM on Monday, January 18th, 1999
  Ending At: 9:44 PM on Monday, January 18th, 1999
   Duration: 8 hours 44 minutes

VM and VMS outage

Today from 1:00pm until 2:30pm, all services on the Academic IBM mainframe, (vm, miamiu ) was unavailable due to an unexpected power failure.

From 1:00 pm until 9:45 pm, all VMS services were unavailable due to an unexpected power failure.  While trying to recover from this outage 2 of the disk units failed to come back online.  When the service technician arrived he determined that the controller that housed the units was causing the actual problem. Since all of the services were unavailable for such a long time today, we made a decision to restore all services, and I will be scheduling an outage in the near future for the technician to come back and work on the controllers.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact the MCIS Help Desk at ext. 97900.

Notification was sent to:

This is a Service Outage Notification
from Miami University's Network Operations Center (NOC)

For general questions or comments, contact:
  The MCIS Help Desk
  (513) 529-7900

For questions or comments regarding this outage, contact:
  The Network Operations Center (NOC)

Outages may be viewed at:
http://www.muohio.edu/noc/outages/

History
Created by SCHMIDKF at 9:54 PM on Monday, January 18th, 1999