MU-VMS Archives

April 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
aaron t porter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 11:22:14 -0500
Robert G. Wilson ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: On 18 Apr 1997, aaron t porter wrote:
: >
: >     I don't understand what you are saying.  Miami's net connection
: > goes from Oxford to Colombus.  In Colombus, OAR-Net has two connections to
: > SprintNet - one in DC, the other in Atlanta.  In the near future, OAR-Net
: > will be adding another link to Chicago, which will be spread across 2 or 3
: > network providers to offer a greater guarantee of connectivity.  You can't
: > buy "Priority Routing" or anything like that.
: >
: >
: This friend of mine doesn't use oar net at all, he simply uses the modem
: service offered by the phone companies, which means he doesn't have to be
: linked through atlanta to get to indiana, since the phone companies links
: are all connected.

        I think you're a bit confused about how network routing is done.