MU-VMS Archives

October 1996

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 14:01:32 -0500
Good afternoon all...

This morning between 8:30 am and 9:30 am, the Interactive machine called SEA
was unavailable.

A Performance monitor was started and unfortunately crashed the system.  DEC
was called, and  indicated that this should not have happened and is looking
into the problem.

I am  sorry for any inconvience this may have caused you.  If and when DEC
gets back with us on the FIX for this problem we might need to take SEA down to
install it.  If this happens, I will schedule the downtime in advance, so that
we will have no surprises.

Again, I am sorry for the disruption this morning, it was indeed an unplanned
outage.

Kim Schmidt
Operations Manager
Miami Computing & Information Services