MUCWFAC Archives

December 2012

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Tuma, Keith W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2012 10:28:56 -0500
That's right. Building revenue generating programs in ENG and/or
collaborations with the same kind of thing in SCA is a very good way to
strengthen the case for existing graduate programs.

I'm not certain that retired ENG faculty would be eligible to work for
Miami in the manner some might be imagining here. That gets into all sorts
of policy issues and will need to be investigated rather than assumed. But
that's not necessary to make the argument that Oris it talking about. Nor
is it necessary to imagine participation by current faculty beyond design
and approval of the program.

I met with Susan Ewing yesterday to have her catch me up on what she has
been discussing with cris and a group of you. We're to meet again. I'll
report on those conversations later.

Keith