MUCWFAC Archives

September 2012

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
cris cheek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2012 16:49:13 -0400
Hi everybody,

I'm hopeful that you haven't all pushed the fact that we are scheduled to meet tomorrow too far to the back of your Labor Day closets.

We will meet in the Wilson Room - 11.00-11.45am. I will use a watch to keep us to times and we can see how that feels:D

Agenda :

1. Announcements. Lo-Res MFA . GAs. Career Fair. Capstone Fund. Humanities Center. 226 crew update.

10 minutes max.

2. Curriculum change (beginning a discussion):
    More CW courses? CW Recruiting.
   Cutting credit hours down to 39 or even 36?
   Different literature courses, with a more international flair and/or more of a creative writing focus (that is, looking at the writing and form itself, and not necessarily the text as a product of a culture.)

15 mins.

3. Hiring.

5 mins.

4. Coordinating our efforts regarding readings: possibly having fewer in order to allow us time to integrate them into the curriculum?

10 mins.

5. Finding ways to foster mentoring and collaboration between graduate and undergraduate students.

5 mins

any other business

Looking forwards,

cris