MUCWFAC Archives

July 2011

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Schloss, David Mr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:16:43 -0400
Dear Eric, et al.,

So, it now seems up to Keith and cris who are teaching 651 this year to size up Mr Sauer and the course situation and force-add him or not. He is bright enough, perhaps talented enough (this is conjecture) to do 651 level work. He also has a personality to be reckoned with. He's not aggressive, just compulsive, in his responses in class. If contained, he might actually bring something to the course. Seems a personal decision, based on meeting him in advance, I'd hope, and seeing that application packet (as we all should) that he sent to Manoa, as soon as possible. There's space for him in the room, and it seems he's bent on entering the program. No "cost" to us, except the management of him in class and conference. He was tractable but demanding when I taught him.

David