MUCWFAC Archives

April 2012

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Luongo, Margaret M. Ms." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:34:12 -0400
Hi, all--

Ismet Prcic is interested in coming this fall, and we're looking at dates mid- to late October, specifically October 18-19. Is anyone else scheduling around that time?

I'm attaching a story of Prcic's, originally published in McSweeney's in 2006, I think. it's actually an excerpt from his novel, Shards. This issue came in two little books, modeled after the way books were printed during WWII, to minimize the use of paper. One volume was labeled "New Stories from Overseas" and the other "New Stories from Our Shores." Prcic's story was split in half between the two.

--Margaret

Margaret Luongo
Associate Professor, Creative Writing
Department of English