MUCWFAC Archives

August 2012

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
cris cheek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 19:30:49 -0400
Hi everyone,

firstly . i wanted to wish you ALL the best of semesters!

secondly . we will need to meet as close to the beginning of September as possible (the week of Labor Day strikes me as a possibility . to wit i would also happily collect agenda items) . i think we ought to try to put a limit on our meeting times (perhaps 45 minutes?) IF you could let know your availability by the middle of this week then i'll make an attempt at finding a time that we all can meet up.

thirdly . for this week's Departmental Retreat it would be lovely if a number of us could "present". My suggestion, and it only a suggestion is that i say a bit about our big initiatives and idea (abut 2-3 minutes) followed by:

Jody . talking about everything we do and hope to do in terms of helping students get internships in publishing, give them experience of issues related to the book industry and so on . . . it will need a little buffing up? (2 minutes or so

Cathy . talking a bit about the "poetry" program? (2 minutes or so)

Margaret . talking a bit about the "fiction" program? (2 minutes or so)

Brian . i know it might be impossible for you to come?? IF you could then it would be wonderful if you could say just a bit about our gurgeoning creative non-fiction and screenplay components (2 minutes or so)

Eric M . . are you able to come to this retreat ? if not we can do a little more exchange b/c about what's going down at the Regional campuses . the Dean's statement and all of that malarkey . .

looking forward