MUCWFAC Archives

March 2015

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cathy Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:41:41 -0400
Dear all,

Do we have a CW junior we can nominate for the Provost's Student
Academic Achievement Award? We need a current junior with an
"outstanding record of academic achievement and sustained and
significant contributions to the intellectual climate of a department,
an academic division, or the campus."

I would write a short letter of support, and so would one of you, and
we'd need to reach the student to get hold of a CV, and we'd submit
everything within a couple of days. So if you have an outstanding
person we should support, let me know asap.

The student would get a $1000 scholarship with the award.

Thanks all,
Cathy

The Provost's Student Academic Achievement Award (PSAAA) is given
annually to students who have achieved an outstanding record of
academic excellence. The selection committee reviews nominations and
awards 10–15 students with a $1000 scholarship and certificate of
recognition.

Students nominated for this award must have obtained the following:

Junior status (minimum of 75 credit hours) at the time of application/nomination
Outstanding record of academic achievement and sustained and
significant contributions to the intellectual climate of a department,
an academic division, or the campus

Past award winners typically have made outstanding contributions to
the field or discipline beyond the typical course and major
requirements.  For example, many of the winners have presented or
published their work in national outlets, earned a prestigious
national or international fellowship, or won a major national or
regional competition in their field of study.

--
Director, Creative Writing
Assistant Director, Literary London Program

513-529-3828 (my office)
513-529-5221 (main office)
513-529-1392 fax