MUCWFAC Archives

January 2015

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cathy Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2015 08:35:44 -0500
Thanks David! crossing fingers for happy MFA futures, res and low-res.

Reminder, all, to send me a link to an MFA program (residential) that
you admire when you get a chance.

In other news -- as you know, the MA applications are available on
Niihka. We have 29 total MA applicants -- 24 in fiction, 1 in CNF, and
4 in poetry (one application is delayed but will arrive any day).

The poetry numbers are obviously a big problem, especially given that
it's program review this year.  Also, out of the 4 in poetry, one
applicant, Isaac Pickell, is also applying in fiction; another, Darren
Thompson, was put in the poetry folder by Monica because his letter
only mentions poetry, but I believe from corresponding with him that
he would like to be a fiction student or perhaps study in both genres.
The application missing from the poetry folder is Tammy Atha's --
you'll remember her. Her letters are still on the way.

I've asked Mad to give me the date by which we'll need the rankings
done and will get back to you with a timeline.

Cathy