MUCWFAC Archives

December 2011

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
cris cheek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2011 17:39:47 -0500
I'm not sure i agree Cathy . i mean Sara could easily have approached any of us in CW but for her own reason chose not to do that. I does depend on what she will be being asked to do . IF she's doing marketing and copy editing (for example) somebody in PW and TW might well be better to offer advice . . . if she's generating other kinds of materials (a brochure, for example) or helping to devise an image / ethos for the OCAC in print then that might be more appropriate for us in CW . I still see English as the overall department;=) LIkewise there are people far more skilled in the areas of Marketing that anybody in English, for example in IMS.

i don't see this as a matter of utility or inutility at all . i see it as the best advice for the kind of work . I was extremely happy to mentor Claire Keys designing book covers, for example . and she went on to get a good job in publishing. This particular internship doesn't look like Creative Writing, unless the OCAC is going to give her license.

fwiw IF i were not teaching a course more than i ought to be next semester i'd volunteer, just to help out . not because i think i'd be the best person with the best experience . but the Altman is going to be major, together with the grad workshop and a completely new class to boot next semester

cris