MUCWFAC Archives

October 2014

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cathy Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2014 10:35:27 -0400
Dear all,

If you know of

publications by CW BAs since 2006

grad schools CW BAs have attended and been admitted to since 2006

please send them my way -- I have a list but would like it to be more
complete, especially on the fiction side.

----

Also, Brian and Keith, when you've got the grad pubs you've been able
to get hold of tabulated, would you let me see that too so I can add
anything I'm missing?

FYI, this is the paragraph we have up on our AWP page about MA
publications -- I have no idea how out of date it is:

Miami MA alumni are successful as writers (in the past few years,
recent graduates have sold first books to Alfred A. Knopf, Random
House and Harcourt) and in careers in university teaching, public
service, editing and publishing. Many go on to hold fellowships at the
most prestigious MFA and PhD programs after completing their studies
at Miami. Their work has been included in the annual O. Henry Prize
Stories collection and other anthologies, received Intro Awards from
AWP and Honorable Mention in the Atlantic Monthly Young Writer's
Competition, and been published widely in literary journals.

Thanks all,
Cathy