MUCWFAC Archives

January 2013

MUCWFAC@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cathy Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:01:41 -0500
Dear all, you might remember my writing you in fall about a spring
event for the translation series. I'm forwarding the info I sent about
it before -- the writer is Arno Bertina, a French novelist.

The French Embassy is organizing his tour and they have specified
March 6 for his visit to Miami. Not sure why they, or the French
dept., set the date without checking with us -- it's is not a good
date for our program because it's AWP week, not to mention 2 days
after the Susana Gardner reading. And Laird Hunt, the translator,
can't come then because he'll be at AWP. But March 6  is the date
we've got. If you're in town, I think it will be worth going.

Cathy