MUHTML Archives

December 1997

MUHTML@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John B Harlan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University HTML <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 09:29:21 -0500
Info on HomeSite 3.0 for our info, courtesy of Bob Karrow at DARS.
(Thanks, Bob!)

John H

>Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 07:18:33 -0500
>From: Bob Karrow <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>John-
>
>Here's an update mailing on HomeSite:
>
>Here's the latest news on Allaire HomeSite 3.0.  For your convenience, we
>have put all of the new information about HomeSite 3.0 into this one email.
>

>HomeSite 3.0 Ships
>
>HomeSite 3.0 is shipping!  Nick Bradbury, the creator of HomeSite and
>Allaire's Director of HomeSite Development, has updated HomeSite to make
>you even more productive when creating great web pages.  Here are just some
>of the new features -
>
>Productivity enhancements
>- Integrated FTP support
>- Extended Search & Replace now supports regular expressions and wildcards
>- DHTML, Cascading Style Sheet and RealMedia wizards
>- New project management interface with Project Creation and Upload wizards
>- Drag & drop image placement
>- Optional Tag Insight, Tag Completion, and TagTips features.
>
>Page quality features
>- HTML Validation now included
>- Redesigned spell checker with international dictionaries
>- Document weighing now includes remote files
>
>Customizability features
>- Ability to create and customize toolbars
>- Improved Custom tag (now called tag snippets) interface
>- New tree interface for Help with the ability to add additional Help files
>- New VTML for customizing the tag editors and wizard output
>
>And much much more...
>

>Purchasing the upgrade
>
>When purchasing the HomeSite 3.0 upgrade, you have the choice of either an
>electronic download (shipping now) or a CDROM.  There is no difference in
>the product between getting HomeSite via download or via CDROM.  Allaire
>has made both upgrade types available in response to customers' requests.
>
>The upgrade costs $39.  If you bought HomeSite 3.0 after July 1, 1997, you
>can get the HomeSite 3.0 upgrade and pay only the cost of shipping.
>Shipping cost  applies only if you choose to upgrade on CDROM. This upgrade
>offer is good until December 31, 1997.  New copies of HomeSite 3.0 are $89
>for a packaged version and $79 for an electronic version.
>
>For more information on HomeSite 3.0 and to purchase the upgrade, go to the
>HomeSite Developer Center
>(http://allaire.com/products/homesite/devresources) on Allaire's website.
>
>When you access the HomeSite upgrade form, your browser might report a
>discrepancy about the site matching its secure certificate.  Since secure
>sites from VeriSign are authorized on their canonical name (like -
>www.securecc.com) and not their IP address, this is normal. Please be
>assured that the site is secure using SSL technology.  If you encounter a
>problem you may use the following URL,
>https://198.109.118.69/homesite/upgrade/.
>

>Beta program participants
>
>All of us at Allaire would like to extend a special thank you to HomeSite
> [...]

          Miami University

          John B Harlan
          Campus Wide Information Systems (CWIS) Coordinator

          Client Services
          Miami Computing & Information Services (MCIS)
          201 Gaskill Hall
          Oxford, Ohio 45056-0000
          (513) 529-5330 voice  (513) 529-3052 fax
          http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~harlanjb/