MUMODEMS Archives

February 1997

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
aaron t porter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 13:25:38 -0500
^Nicodemus^ ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: In article <[log in to unmask]>,
 [log in to unmask] (Robert E. Williams, Jr.) writes:

: Excuse me, but I do believe that my needed WSOCK32.DLL file fits in quite well
: in mu.comp.www, mu.comp.newsgroups, and mu.comp.modems, because it is needed
: for those purposes.  I'm sorry you are a Mac user, however stats show that PC
: users higly outnumber Mac users.  I'm also sorry you having nothing better to
: do than get excited about than a posting to an mu newsgroup.  You really need
: get a life if you have so much free time as to post a complaint that mu
: newsgroups are getting more than three posts a day, I mean these newsgroups
: aren't exactly being flooded with messages.  Sorry to force you to have weed
: through "all" my posts.

        I would be willing to argue that you are incorrect Josh.  The newsgroups
mu.comp.netnews and mu.comp.www are designed for discussion about the use and
 development of
Newsgroups and the World Wide Web.  They should probably not contain requests
 for OS specific
runtime files.  An appropriate newsgroup would probably be mu.comp.os.windows-ms
mu.comp.modems isn't too pertinant either, but we have to be able to flame you
 somewhere :)

<posted to mu.comp.modems only, please followup accordingly>

/atp