MUMODEMS Archives

February 1994

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tim Gruenhagen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 11:10:23 EDT
Here's the latest on the dial-in modem pools.

14.4 kbps, 529-4999.  The configuration was changed on all 22 of the
modems in this pool last week to force a configuration reload at the
end of each call.  Based on early reports, this appears to have
improved the situation considerably.  All of these modems  have
exactly the same configuration (now).  If you have any problems,
please post to this group and/or directly to Joe Simpson

9600 bps, 529-2161.  We have 4 modems of the 12 in this pool that do
not connect with all types of modems reliably due to hardware
revision level.  These modems have been taken out of the pool until a
correction can been made.  We'll keep you posted on any developments.

2400 bps, 529-6114.  All 8 of these modems should be working fine.

1200 bps, 529-5777.  Both of the modems at this number are working
fine.  Please note that this service will be going away 3/18/94.  If
you have a 1200 or 300 bps modem that does not connect with any of
the other modem pools, please contact Joe Simpson.

Thanks for your patience while these problems have been resolved.

Tim Gruenhagen (513) 529-6226, E-mail:[log in to unmask]
Miami University, 22 Hughes Hall
Oxford, Ohio 45056