MUMODEMS Archives

September 1995

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Paul A Mongeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 09:10:41 EST
I am running Kermit 3.14 on my GW2000 machine through a hardwired connection
via my data port.  I have been running this configuration for a couple of
days and have been experiencing a bit of an odd problem.  I used the config
menu to have Kermit automatically enter my userid when I log on to MIAMIU.
Most of the time when I would log on after that I would get double characters
every time I typed someting in.  In addition, when I would enter my password
it would show up on the screen like this:

p a s s w o r d

WWhheenn II wwoouulldd ttyyppee aannyytthhiinngg iinn,, iitt wwoouulldd
llooookk lliikkee tthhiiss.

I removed the automatic userid funtion and things (for the moment at least)
seemed to have returned to normal.

Any clue as to what is happening?

Thanks for listening...

Paul

-------
*  Paul Mongeau  -  Communication  -  Miami University *
*              BITNET: PMONGEAU@MIAMIU                 *
*      INTERNET: [log in to unmask]            *