MUMODEMS Archives

July 1996

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 1996 17:49:54 EST
On Sun, 7 Jul 1996, DJRambo wrote:

> Date: Sun, 7 JUL 1996 20:09:07 EST
> From: DJRambo <[log in to unmask]>
> Newgroups: mu.comp.modems
> Subject: pap connection
>
>       I have changed no settings on my system since I began using the
> PPP connection. Yesterday with no warning I could not gain access to the
> connection. Upon trying manual login I received a denied access message.
> How or why has my user ID and password become non-functional. I am using
> a windows 3.11 platform with a dial-up modem.
>
>   Daniel J Rambo

        I checked with the computer support person for my area (Brad
Lewis) to confirm the validity of my userid and password. He informed me
that they were still valid. I connect with the ppp connection using the
manual login procedure. I enter my userid then my password and receive an
access denied message. Everything goes smooth until I try to log in. I
assume that all settings are correct up to this point. Modem settings, IP
address, etc. etc. The password and userid cause a problem, I checked
them and they are valid. I probably didn't misspell them six times
straight during successive connection attempts. The mistake can't be on
my end, can it?

  Daniel J Rambo
  Cole Service Bldg.
  Miami University