MUMODEMS Archives

July 1996

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Shaken Angel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 12:13:35 GMT
: >                                                                     Also kno
wn
: > as a V.H.P. Also is there any info on when and if we'll be able to use the
: > "Network Neighborhood"?

: "Network Neighborhood" doesn't ring a bell.  I'll look around and try to
: refresh my memory :-)

"Network Neighborhood" is a Windows 95 thing.  I don't think it would
apply to the PPP setup we have here unless our PPP passes the Novell or SMB
(Windows) protocols.

Basically, if you're hooked up to Novell as we are in the library,
you boot your Windows 95 machine and click on Network Neighborhood,
you'll see the list of the University Novell servers, you can log into
them, set up printers, etc. etc. etc.

I don't think (though I am far from being a Windows 95 guru) that the
Network Neighborhood has any use under TCP/IP.

-- john f., miami university library systems.