MUMODEMS Archives

July 1996

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 10:11:16 EST
 [log in to unmask] writes:
>> I too have been having problems for the last 5 days.  I can get
 authenticated,
>> but when the programs tries to pull the IP stuff out I get errors up the
 butt!

> Wait...this sounds like a completely different problem than what other
> people are experiencing.
>
> The problems that have been reproducable as of late are:
>
> 1) Modems not responding at all
> 2) Modems negotiate, but PPP server not responding
> 3) PPP server not authenticating properly (this may be the same as #2 but
>    with PAP)
> 4) Slow response time
> 5) Modems disconnecting randomly
>
> If I understand correctly, you're indicating that the authentication is
> working fine (you type in your username and password and the authentication
> is successful) but you get errors when you try to use TCP/IP applications?
> I haven't heard of this problem.  Has anyone else seen this?
>

> --
>                                      Kent Covert, Software Coordinator
>                                      Miami Computing and Information Services
>                                      Miami University, Oxford, OH
I now have this problem also.  This morning I was authenticated just fine but
my browser acted real stupid and could not find a thing.  It was like I did not
have a connection but my connection window was active.  Again I thought the
problem was on my end.  I tried switching browsers but that was a no-go.  These
problems are understandable since all of this is still free............