MUMODEMS Archives

July 1997

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 22:55:29 -0500
        I have memory problems during bootup of Win 3.11. To make a long
story a little shorter I,ve remed out the "Y" option in loading the MuNet
stuff. I am not too clear on exactly how this limits my connection. It
solved the out of memory errors I was getting when after ansering Y, I
tried to run Iomega tools (for a zip drive), or have Norton Utilities do
their snap shot or disk check on shut down, the dialer would even complain
about not enough memory for the communication port. Could someone explain
the difference between the I and Y options? I'm pretty clear on the N
option.^T <- why didn't that control-t open spell check?

 Daniel J Rambo
  Cole Service Bldg.
  Miami University
  Oxford, Ohio 45056