MUMODEMS Archives

January 1997

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joe Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 17:00:20 -0500
There will be dial in service disruption on January 20th
Martin Luther King Junior Day.

All three campuses will incur periodic internet service
disruptions from 11AM to 1PM on this day.  The reason
for the disruption is deployment of two new T1 spans to the
internet.  This will more than double our existing bandwidth
while maintianing the old T1 as a hot spare.

An additional outage affects anyone dialing into the Hamilton
dial in terminal or ppp network pools.  From 9AM till Noon
these services will be completely down!  The reason for the
outage is rearrangement of the telephone termination equipment
in the communications room.

We are sorry for any inconveneince.  We tried to accomplish
both of these projects over winter break but were stymied
by problems with telephone service providers.

Joe Simpson  [log in to unmask]