MUMODEMS Archives

August 1997

MUMODEMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami's Modems <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 22:36:34 -0500
The Hamilton PPP modems have major problems.  When I dial, it sounds like
four different modems pick up the line.  Then I don't hear anything in
response.  If I hangup and redial real quick before the modems can cycle I
can usually get only one (sometimes two) pickups and a handshake.

The problem is, when I DO connect, I usually get kicked off within a few
minutes.  This has only happended since the 26th.  After logging back in
the manual PUTS lines, I noticed that *no one* was online the PPP except
two "Virtual Exec"'s on the 26th evening.  Currently the Virtual Execs are
still there and people are using the other lines.  This is thoroughly
annoying.   I'll stop now before I lose link...

-George