MUTALK Archives

November 1996

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
James Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 23:34:21 -0500
Joel Wheeler ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: James Howard wrote:
: > Clinton stole his track from Dole.

: How so?

Welfare reform?  Communication deregulation?

: > Does anyone really belive his age is an issue?  What about Ronald
: > Reagan?  He was extremely old in office, and he is one of our most
: > beloved presidents.

: I do.  I honestly believe Dole will come into some serious health
: problems within the next four years.

: I wasn't old enough to care about Ronald Reagan's age when he first
: seeked the presidency.  If I were, though, I probably would have
: considered age an issue there, too.  To be honest, though, Reagen looked
: a lot healthier then than Dole does now (IMHO).

Really?  I kind of feel the opposite.

: > I read that he decided to change to a me-me-me campaign in the last week,
: > but I never saw it.  Besides, Clinton has done the same thing.  Why would
: > you vote for someone whom you yourself refer to as "Slick Willy"?

: On that I must agree with you.  I despise negative advertisements.  They
: make me like who they're supposed to be supporting even less.  Hmmm...
: Perot hasn't run a negative ad.  Of course, I'm not crazy enough to vote
: for him.  :)

I don't remember Perot running a negative ad during '92 either.  Maybe
that is a statement on his character.

: Joel

Jamie
--
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a
cat.