MUTALK Archives

October 1997

MUTALK@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Aaron Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University conversation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:50:35 -0500
Ralph Goodpaster <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

: If you say so, I wont disagree.  titan and entropy experience too much
: downtime.  titan administration doesnt even tell it's users what happened.

        That's a bit unfair.  Entropy's track record is quite impressive,
even more so in light of MUC's resources.  I think one "major" incident
in just about three years is acceptable by almost any standards.
Realistically how quickly can any system without resources for redundant
hardware recover from a full drive media failure?  How quickly could you
get ltc back online?

        There's very little credibility to be gained by complaining about
the way MUC is run; as a student you have all the power in the world to
change it.  I don't think anyone has ever volunteered to helpout with MUC
administration.  (Yes randy, I remember you offered; you're not a student).