MUTEST Archives

December 1996

MUTEST@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Randy Kaelber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami's Lists / Newsgroups Testing (Unmoderated)
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 08:49:09 -0500
Clayton L. Hines ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
> Now, Micah -- why would I PGP my messages so that everyone would know that
> *you* made them?  That would be lying.  And weird.  I'd much rather let
> everyone know that I wrote my own messages.  But thanks anyway.

I've just got to ask: Micah, what News software are you using to sign PGP
messages with? I set up my e-mail so I can automagically sign or encrypt
E-mail, and automatically verify incoming signatures, but when I tried to
do the same for Usenet (I'm using tin), I could only sign the whole
message, headers included, which the posting software chokes on, since it
doesn't know what to do with "BEGIN PGP MESSAGE".

--
Randy Kaelber:  [log in to unmask]
DARS Programmer/Analyst, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056 USA