NCSABB Archives

February 1998

NCSABB@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Art Jipson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
North Central Sociological Association (NCSA) Bulletin Board
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 15:19:48 -0500
I am forwarding this for Wendy Bottero.  -Art

>Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 11:07:12 +0000 (GMT)
>From: "W.Bottero" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Call for Papers
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>I am emailing you as a representative of the North Central Sociological
>Association to ask for help in publicising a call for papers for the Work
>Employment and Society Conference, which will be held in Cambridge,
>England in September 1998. I enclose further details on the conference
>below.
>
>If you could post details of this conference to your members, on a web
>page or electronic mailing group I would be most grateful. Alternatively,
>if you know of any electronic news groups that might be interested in the
>conference you might let me know of the mailing address.
>
>Thank you for your time
>Wendy Bottero
>(University of Cambridge)

>            WORK EMPLOYMENT & SOCIETY
>                CONFERENCE 1998
>
>  Cambridge University, United Kingdom
>         14-16th September 1998
>            *** CALL FOR PAPERS ***
>
>The journal Work Employment & Society holds its 1998 conference in
>Cambridge University, on 14-16th September 1998.
>
>Papers are requested in the following areas:
>
>*  globalisation, flexibility & post-fordism
>*  access to employment, exclusion & unemployment
>*  alternative conceptions of work
>*  the new unionism
>*  transitions in work: life history, age and the family
>*  gender, sexuality and work
>*  work and the millennium: the future of work
>*  open stream
>
>These streams are not exclusive; papers are invited on themes  that fall
>within the general area of interest of the journal.
>
>      Send abstracts (under 1200 words) to:
>
>            Dr Wendy Bottero
>            Sociological Research Group
>            SPS
>            Free School Lane
>            Cambridge CB2 3RQ
>            (email: [log in to unmask])
>            fax +44 1223 334550
>
>           Closing date for abstracts:
>            1st March 1998.
>            Early applications are encouraged.

Art Jipson
Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
Upham Hall, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-2637 (o)
513-529-8525 (f)
Me:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson
NCSA:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/NCSA.htmlx
Connells:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/connells.htmlx
   "Didn't I say sorry, Didn't I say dear, Didn't I consider, Didn't I
stand clear..."
        - M. Connell, The Connells
   "Claiming stupidness for daring..." -R. Gates, The Spinanes