NCSABB Archives

March 1997

NCSABB@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Art Jipson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
North Central Sociological Association (NCSA) Bulletin Board
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 15:59:06 -0500
>Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 14:39:08 -0800
>From: "Rodney D. Coates" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: PSN <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Tenure Track Position Anouncement
>
>FYI:
>
>    Ohio, Hamilton 45011. Miami University-Hamilton. Tenure Track
>Assistant Professor with specialities in Black World Studies and
>Anthropology or Sociology.  ABD required, Ph.D. preferred.  This is a
>joint appointment between the Black World Studies Program and the
>Sociology/Gerontology/Anthropology Department (SGA).  Tenure would be
>within the SGA Department.  The successful candidate will be expected to
>teach introductory courses in Black World Studies from an Afrocentric
>perspective and Anthropology and/or Sociology with some opportunity to
>teach upper division courses.  Although teaching is emphasized, the
>candidate will be expected to maintain scholarly activities as well as
>to contribute to the campus' service mission.  Appointment begins August
>1997.  Screening begins March 15.  Send letter of application (including
>statement of teaching philosophy and research agenda), curriculum vitae,
>the names and addresses of three references, and evidence of teaching
>and scholarship quality to Kathleen Burgoon, Miami University-Hamilton,
>1601 Peck Blvd., Hamilton, OH 45011.  Women and minorities are strongly
>encouraged to apply.  Miami University offers equal opportunity in
>employment and education.
>--
>yours in the struggle,
>Rodney D. Coates, Ph.D.
>Director of Black World Studies - Associate Professor of Sociology
>Miami University - Oxford, Ohio 45056
>Phone:  513-529-1235    e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>http://www.ilhawaii.net:80/~premaq/Coates/01-home.html

Art Jipson
Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
Upham Hall
Miami University
Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-2637 (o)
513-529-2628 (d)
513-529-8525 (f)
Me:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson
NCSA:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/NCSA.htmlx
Connells:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/connells.htmlx
   "Didn't I say sorry, Didn't I say dear, Didn't I consider, Didn't I
stand clear..."
        - M. Connell