OCCSA Archives

May 1996

OCCSA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Ohio Collegiate Computing Services Association (OCCSA)
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 14:48:58 -0400
I work in the Administrative Computing Department at Terra State
Community College in Fremont OH.  We are becoming increasingly
aware that our administrative database system is outmoded and
incapable of handling the increased and ever changing needs of
the college.

TCC will soon need to determine if we will continue to use an
application development tool and in-house programming, or convert
to a "canned" academic administration software package (i.e.
BANNER, COLLEAGUE, CARS, CAMS, POISE etc.)

I have been assigned the task of initiating the information
gathering phase of our investigation.  The material in product
brochures from various software vendors gave us a starting point.
The materials were reviewed and some of the vendors have been
asked to provide detailed descriptions.

However, I believe that a more valuable source of information is
the end user of a product. That is where we are hoping to draw
from the experience and knowledge of others.

It would be a great help if some of you would identify the
software package(s) and/or the application development product(s)
used at your institution and make comment on the product
performance.  We would appreciate any input that would help us
further our investigation.

Please send your responses to:  [log in to unmask]

A big thank you to all who participate.

* Thanks, Sharon ---  SS/GTB, 3rd Floor ======== :) *
*               (419) 334-3828, X 310               *