OCCSA Archives

May 1995

OCCSA@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bob Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Collegiate Computing Services Association (OCCSA)
Date:
Tue, 2 May 1995 12:06:03 +1200
Mike French, one of the presenters at our Spring conference, called
me this morning.  He has spoken with Jeff Ritter at OARnet about
several issues, such as how can we get the bigger schools to share
some of their resources that can be of use in serving the physically
challenged population with those of us at smaller campuses.  (I
know, I know...fat chance in our FTE driven world, right?)  Mike also
has some interesting ideas on using "lesser offenders" in our prisons
to provide cost-effective labor/help in doing accommodations, etc.
Mike has some very intriguing ideas.  Ohio T.R.A.I.N will, in the
near future, be putting up a home page for web access with
information on a variety of related topics, including the Universal
Design Initiative.  I will publish the address of their home page on
this list and several others as soon as I receive it.

I am impressed that we have a speaker who is still coming back after
the conference is over to keep working with us and serve as a
resource.

...Bob

Bob Smith, Computer Guy           [log in to unmask]
Kent State University                         or
East Liverpool Campus             [log in to unmask]