OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 19:08:34 +0000
Ohio sighting notoriety to Florida.

To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Date: Saturday, October 20, 2018, 10:04 AM -0400

Subject: [BRDBRAIN] A Gray Kingbird Travels to The North

Of possible interest to Florida birders, is the fact that a Gray Kingbird showed up at Leadingham Prairie Preserve in Clark County, Ohio this past Wednesday morning. This is significant in being the first state record of Gray Kingbird for Ohio. My wife Denise and I had the pleasure of viewing the bird for a couple of hours on Thursday. Apparently, or obviously, the tropical celebrity arrived here from the gulf coast with the help of Hurricane Michael. Seen by many birders during the past three days, it is still being reported this morning, Saturday. With the Ohio evening temperatures now being down in the thirties, hopefully this misplaced bird of southern climates, decides to head back south with a winter Caribbean destination.

Bob Lane / Damascus, Ohio - Clearwater, Florida